Saturday, July 12, 2008

SP20

Green River. Photo courtesy of Kris Sproul.

Oh summer laziness, it's crawling on its last legs. A Banal part time job has bred not only a lack of money but also a lack of creativity. Sitting here watching "Amazing Journey," The story of the Who on VH1 Classic [side note: the doc is edited for tv and I am finding illogical closure with all these lame commericals] while I wait for the housing complex dryer to not heat my clothes correctly. I, wasting space assumed I would attempt some sort of update or rather just complain about how I wasn't lucky enough to go to SP20 in Seattle this weekend. For the uncooth, SP20 is the 20th anniversary celebration of Sup Pop Records, a long list of cool bands playing: Mudhoney, Green River, The FLuid, Pissed Jeans, etc. A history lesson of Subpop can be found here Subpop Wiki . I think I may have found the seemingly best alternatives presented to me at the present junction: Trolling Dime for torrents and constantly refreshing this blog The Seattle Times for band recaps. The torrents have already yielded a killtacular bootleg of Green River from the surprise warm show on the 10th at the Sunset Tavern along with the Fluid. I am crossing my fingers hard that both of the Fluid's sets will go up at some point. The taper of the Green River show hinted at it. This is me somewhat gushing about the Fluid here Old Post . They're playing later tonight at the festival. Now I am spent.

No comments: