Saturday, December 8, 2007

Counter Productive

So after running all day for job interviews/internship circus hoops and a group Q&A for a final, I was supposed to be working on another paper. But I got a totally rad package from ebay today. The Fluid's Subpop debut Clear Black Paper on vinyl and a cd comp of some of their later work Glue and Roadmouth. I heard about the Fluid about a year ago thanks to Dave Clifford/Buddyhead collective. Ive been looking for this on and off since then and now I finally got the treaure. The Fluid were a rock band from Denver in the late 80s and they rock. A blend of the best parts of the Stooges/MC5 and the Dolls-Option (from promo sleeve). I am kinda phoning it in tonight, too much wine and subsequently too much coffee to counter balance (not counter balancing) has left me incapable of literary merit or listening samples. Oh and check this sweet Philip K. Dick blog http://totaldickhead.blogspot.com/ it slays. I am adding it to the links in the corner. This is me leaving.

No comments: