Sunday, March 2, 2008

Raveonettes & Drug Rug


I've been listening alot to this over the past few weeks. I would have to say its probably my favorite album in the infantry of 2008. It makes my ears melt with delight with each successive listen. I've never really been into the Raveonettes, but I know good people who swear by them and I probably should have checked them out sooner. Their koolaid sounds very MaryChainy but not in a total aping way. In fact, one of my pals, Dave C. wrote a great review/interview with them back in 2007,
that can be found here
http://www.somasomascene.com/ravers_oct07.html

They're playing at the Independent on Wednesday, March 5th, however, I will be unable to make it because I will be lending my bartending skills to Elixir in the Mission for charity ([16th Mission and Guerrero]. my directions: right off the 16th Mission Bart stop, 2 blocks up and hook a right. 511.org this shit if I give crappy directions). I will attempt to hold the jukebox hostage all night with a melody of GNR, Oasis, the Cure, Maiden, and Wu-tang.
On a completely unrelated note, The Duke Spirit are playing at the Rickshaw Stop. Located at 155 Fell St & Van Ness on March 10th and I will checking that out. Their 2nd album, Neptune has also been receiving alot air time on my stereo and is equally awesome.
Below are a couple of my favorite tracks off the S/T Drug Rug album. The Boston, MA natives opened up for Autolux at the Independent back in January and won me over with their infectious, country laced pop tuneage. Once I regained the services of my ears(reader's note: my auditory canals were severely devastated by Autolux's dissonant wall of uncompromising noise) I was able to properly enjoy this album, although live they were much better I do hope they end up moving to SF, which they mentioned in between songs, because I would love to see them preform on a regular basis.

Here's my favorite song off the Lust Lust Lust album:

Black Stain
http://www.mediafire.com/?vun223ddmij

Drug Rug Tracks:

Winter Time
http://www.mediafire.com/?yhjmcn53vm0

Walden
http://www.mediafire.com/?dmjhjtw9qyv

No comments: